Sat, 16 Jan|
6 Week Stress and Anxiety Academy
Stress and Anxiety Academy is a 6-week group course combining specific yoga therapy techniques, breath-work practises and meditation teachings, to help manage stress and anxiety to establish a consistent mindful practice whilst being part of a community that’s on a similar journey.
Time & Location
16 Jan 2021, 09:00 – 13:00
About the event
Anxiety can manifest in many different areas of our lives. During the last few months, life has changed for us all the fear and the anxiety about us or our loved ones getting ill, the threat to our livelihoods, the uncomfortable and constant feelings of uncertainty and worry about the future, the boredom and loneliness and grief, the constant negativity coming from the news and social media.
But in difficult times, it is essential to remember that it is understandable to feel like this and that everyone experiences and copes with stress and anxiety in differnt ways and eventually these painful feelings will pass, and we can help ourselves along the road to recovery with the aid of yoga and its teachings.
There is no need to stay locked into the experience of anger, stress, depression, anxiety or overwhelm. You can shift out the states pretty quickly with the right tools and awareness.
During this 6-week course, (to be taken over 3 weeks with 2x classes per week) you will learn a series of coping tools to help you look after yourselves, to help soothe your stress and anxiety. Maxine will take you through her most effective and practical techniques to deliver to you years of training from the comfort of your own home. You will journey alongside 12 other buddies and share in the challenges and rewards together.
This course combines specific yoga therapy techniques to enhance the nervous system to improve well-being and help put the body back into homeostasis.
This training is orientated to unfold from within your current routine to make lasting, meaningful change that delivers equanimity, calm and energy consistently.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT TO LEARN
- How to activate the relaxation response and assemble a simple and individualised “anxiety toolkit” of interventions and exercises they can be used in your daily routine.
- Specific breathing techniques to help give us a sense of presence and a deeper awareness of how we feel. By learning and regularly practising breath-work, one will benefit their entire system, help support the circulatory system through the improved distribution of blood cells, through a greater delivery of O2 and nutrients. Breath-work (pranayama) is a connection, a bridge, between the body and the mind. We must first work on and prepare with pranayama before attempting to move into the state of meditation.
- Focused exercises and movement sequences using tradition yoga postures to strengthen the body, the mind cannot be still when the body is weak.
- Restorative yoga postures to release tension in the body, supporting the slowing down of the nervous system and to get out of the fight or flight response. Restorative yoga allows us to relearn the art of relaxation while developing the skills and abilities to self-soothe. It enhances our healing capacity by helping us regulate the stress response and re-balance the nervous system. By helping us to access the parasympathetic nervous system, learning to put the body back into rest and digest, improve the function of our immune system, reduce muscle tension, help with insomnia, and so many other vital benefits.
- Specific meditation and mindfullness practices to bring us into balance.
- Positive affirmations to give you greater control over mind, body and breathe, "whether you think you can or you think you can’t you will always be right" - Henry Ford.
- Guided therapeutic massage techniques to help soothe the nervous system and unblock any energy stagnation build up.
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED
- Handouts and theory lesson to give you a more understanding of how to manage stress and the nervous system.
- Pre recorded videos for the physical practsices - for you to carry on using these empowering and supportive tools at home and to aid further practice.
- Pre recorded guided morning and evening meditations throughout the 3 weeks.
- A small group of 12 other buddies for you to share if you wish your journey, and to make new friends and connections.
- A one-one coaching call with myself throughout the 3 weeks.
The course is not designed to diagnose any mental health issues, nor to replace help from mental health professionals or medication, but instead can be seen as a complementary addition. This course is for anyone with mild to moderate stress and anxiety or anyone new to these methods that would like to take hold of there own mental and physical wellbeing. Open to complete beginners and experienced practitioners.
Limited to just 12 people
Full Cost £180.
Early bird prcie £160 if booked before the 15th December
Non-refundable deposit £50.
Payment can also be made in intalments to help spread the cost.
To book or to ask me any other questions please press R.S.V.P.
Once I have received your email I will confirm your space. And dont forget to check your spam/junk for a reply -)
Minimum number of 6 required for the Acadamy to run
Course Times dates
Saturday 16th January 9am-11am (first practsie is 2 hours)
Monday 18th January 6pm-7.15pm
Saturday 23rd January 9am-10.30am
Monday 25th January 6pm-7.15pm
Saturday 30th January 9am-10.30am
Monday 1st. Febuary 6pm-7.15pm