HOW THE EFFECT BEGAN
As an anxious type who has experienced my own challenges with mental health, slowing down and getting quiet has often felt overwhelming. For most of my life, I was addicted to being busy. At times, I have even used my yoga practice as a way to keep busy and keep moving to avoid a deeper encounter with myself that accompanies the still and quiet.
My journey to yoga began about 30 years ago, and back then it was purely a physical thing. I liked the way it strengthened the whole body and didn’t just focus on one part. I was also training for a triathlon at the time and found it helped my recovery.
However, through a serious of different traumas, life started to take a tumble. I was beginning to fall into the hole of depression and was at a very dark place in my life. I even attempted to take my own life, but something within me shouted NO, This was when I grabbed yoga with both hands, quit my job in the corporate world and started on the journey to healing myself.
Things started to get better for a while, and I managed to build up the strength and courage to start IVF, but with many failed cycles and finally a marriage breakdown, the big black cloud of depression and anxiety started to creep back in.
Slowly, I started to build up strength, and retrained in the holistic world of therapies and embraced yoga with a completely new outlook. I really started to focus on breathing and calming my mind and found that my practice was taken to a whole new level and yoga was becoming a lifestyle.
I then found the strength to travel around South-East Asia for 6 months, following my passion for yoga and meditation and had the blessed opportunity to work with some of the most experienced teachers from around the globe.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME AND MY LEARNING
I’m always a student and continue to learn all the time. I keenly develop and enhance my knowledge about the body, mind and soul by studying deeper breathwork practices, yoga therapy, and the body's connection with an East-meets-West style of learning.
I offer my therapies through restorative yoga, bodywork, corporate sessions, online classes, UK and international workshops, retreats and one-to-ones.
- 200-hour yoga teacher training in Goa, India
- 50-hour yoga teacher training in restorative yoga with Anna Ashby
- 50-hour teacher training in breathwork and pranayama with Laurent Roure
- 10-hour teacher training sequencing with Laura Green
- Continued learning and development with Bo Forbes
- Level 1-2 and 3 ITEC Diploma Classic Massage and Facial Training from Richmond Adult College
- Reiki Level 1
- 60 hours Thai Massage training in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- 20 hours Facial Training at REN Skincare
- 10 hours Indian head massage in Goa, India
- ITEC Diploma in Natural Facelift Massage, London
IRRELEVANT, BUT DEBATABLE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT ME
- I still can't stand on my head (it's a work in progress)
- I can tap-dance
- I make a mean bowl of porridge and call it a bowl full of happiness (if you're lucky, I might make it for you)
- I lived in Spain for 4 years and can speak Spanish (just about!)
- I don’t take life too seriously
- I can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backwards
- I have magic hands (so my customers say)
- I live up to my hair colour...blonde!